Monday, November 23, 2009

My Little Guy

Dear friends of mine are in town briefly for a wedding, so I met up with them for dinner at El Cholo. Their son is my first godson. I don't think he recognized me in my glasses and he had a DS in his hands when I walked in, so my arrival rated pretty low. Then a bunch of his little friends showed up and that was it. Mayhem ensued.

Afterwards I went over to their hotel and hung out a little while as they put the boys to bed. Jackson wanted me to rub his head and stay until he fell asleep. "If you leave, I'll scream." It's nice to be wanted. I sat next to him on the sofa bed and gently ruffled his hair while he traced the patterns on my skirt. I told him about when he was a baby. About the first time I held him. How I missed the way he mispronounced my name when he was little and transformed it into "Cici". Then I told him that my other godson now calls me Cici. He gazed up at me with the look of a man scorned. "Who IS he?" He was none too pleased to hear that there was another little man in my life. After he fell asleep Mary and I laughed about he reacted when he met one of my boyfriends at his 4th birthday. He looked him up and down suspiciously, as if to say, "Stay away from her, Buddy." Anyway, it's nice to know that there's a male out there that I inspire to jealousy. Even if he is only seven.....

No comments: