Sunday, February 28, 2010

Family Weekend

Sunday was my brother's 40th birthday. One of my board members was kind enough to let my mom, brothers and I stay at his vacation home in Palm Springs for the weekend. It was a nice little house with a pool, decorated with items won at charity auctions, so that made for some conversation pieces. For starters, one brother's room had a giant painting of a woman with her boob hanging out. When you opened up the utility closet there was a poster of a squirrel with....how can I say this delicately.....with his little squirrel testicles hanging down to his knees. The caption read "Hello, Ladies!"

It was the first time my immediate family has been anywhere all together in my entire adult life and I was looking forward to it for weeks. We had a relaxing weekend of watching movies like Caddyshack (I have three brothers and Caddyshack is like the Citizen Kane of men. We watched it twice.), Field of Dreams, and Drag Me to Hell (not my choice, but surprisingly good considering I don't like scary movies), we ate some crazy good food (everyone was in charge of a meal), and played Rummikub and Scrabble. Sitting out by the pool yesterday beneath a lemon tree was ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

We all pitched in and got J. 40 gifts for his 40th and D. made omelettes for brunch. Little J. pulled out a knife to do that "Hey, I'm gonna open the champagne all fancy-like!" I knew catastrophe was a 'comin' and tried to get the video camera out in time, but he sliced away at the cork before I could get set up and BOOM! We were covered in champagne and glass. It was worth the loss of mimosas. Little brothers can be very entertaining.

Desert rainbow
Josh is a wicked good chef.....

40 presents

If you cross Justin, he will blow dry you to death. Don't cross Justin.

Grapefruit the size of an infant's head

Sibling superhero poses

No comments: