There are just some questions that, when asked, always deserve an affirmative answer. For example:
"Would you like to go to Chik-fil-A?"
"Yes!"
"How about a free massage?"
"Sign me up!"
"I have an extra gazillion dollars here that I don't need. Do you want it?"
"Why, certainly. Don't mind if I do!"
So when a sweet, handsome South African called me on Wednesday night at 8:30pm and asked me if I wanted to meet him in an hour to tango, it only took me about five seconds of wrestling with my practical "It's a school night and I'm exhausted" side before I said "Absolutely! Where?"
Thank goodness I did because an introduction to the tango world was just what the doctor ordered. I had only been there about five minutes, sitting at a table waiting for my friend, before I was approached by a young gentleman. I say gentleman because tango is quite the classy affair. It transports you back to a time where men are unafraid to solicit a stranger for a dance, where they dance with old women, young women - whoever will make the best dance partner. My friend told me that the men there don't mind the challenge of a beginner. In fact, they feel pride when they can lead a new tango partner so well that she feels like she knows what she's doing. I was happy to oblige in helping a bunch of menfolk to feel more manly. Instinctual, intense, passionate. I danced with no less than seven or eight men, each teaching me a different element of tango, patiently guiding my back, encouraging me to lean on them and allow them to lead the way. I loved it.
Before I knew it, it was midnight. We slipped out, promises to do it again. By the way, sometimes I give old people the benefit of the doubt. when I shouldn't. I told my friend that the miniscule, elderly Argentinian man's, A.'s, hand had somehow migrated from my back to my front, cupping one of my lady bits as he tried to teach me to twist from side to side and pivot expertly. I thought it was an accident, but my friend said "Probably not." Next time I will be prepared to confront any misters taking liberties.
So, Charley, if you're out there (and I know you are), we definitely need to reschedule our tango lesson soon. I think you'd make the most excellent tango partner, my friend!
"Would you like to go to Chik-fil-A?"
"Yes!"
"How about a free massage?"
"Sign me up!"
"I have an extra gazillion dollars here that I don't need. Do you want it?"
"Why, certainly. Don't mind if I do!"
So when a sweet, handsome South African called me on Wednesday night at 8:30pm and asked me if I wanted to meet him in an hour to tango, it only took me about five seconds of wrestling with my practical "It's a school night and I'm exhausted" side before I said "Absolutely! Where?"
Thank goodness I did because an introduction to the tango world was just what the doctor ordered. I had only been there about five minutes, sitting at a table waiting for my friend, before I was approached by a young gentleman. I say gentleman because tango is quite the classy affair. It transports you back to a time where men are unafraid to solicit a stranger for a dance, where they dance with old women, young women - whoever will make the best dance partner. My friend told me that the men there don't mind the challenge of a beginner. In fact, they feel pride when they can lead a new tango partner so well that she feels like she knows what she's doing. I was happy to oblige in helping a bunch of menfolk to feel more manly. Instinctual, intense, passionate. I danced with no less than seven or eight men, each teaching me a different element of tango, patiently guiding my back, encouraging me to lean on them and allow them to lead the way. I loved it.
Before I knew it, it was midnight. We slipped out, promises to do it again. By the way, sometimes I give old people the benefit of the doubt. when I shouldn't. I told my friend that the miniscule, elderly Argentinian man's, A.'s, hand had somehow migrated from my back to my front, cupping one of my lady bits as he tried to teach me to twist from side to side and pivot expertly. I thought it was an accident, but my friend said "Probably not." Next time I will be prepared to confront any misters taking liberties.
So, Charley, if you're out there (and I know you are), we definitely need to reschedule our tango lesson soon. I think you'd make the most excellent tango partner, my friend!



1 comment:
I fear it will be a drastically different experience. Alas...
Post a Comment