Holy pipes, what a stuffed weekend! The festivities began Thursday night with a trip downtown to LA Artwalk with PV. If you've never been, basically a host of art galleries down there all stay open late the second Thursday of the month for people to wander through. Interesting art installations everywhere, as well as a variety of vendors. It's primo people-watching, but after about 10:30 or so there's a lot more hooliganistic activity and partying on the packed streets and less art appreciation. It's worth a visit, though, and again, if you like seeing all sorts of people in one place, it's the place to be.
Friday night L. and I had a ladies' splurge night, with dinner at Katsuya Hollywood and a movie at ArcLight. We saw Crazy, Stupid Love, which I really enjoyed (save one particular story line that I think was irresponsible. A slippery slope, my friends. A slippery slope.). Steve Carell always just feels like a guy I know - a loveable everyman. He has such a great way of not coming across as an actor. I wish we were buddies.
Saturday and Sunday were spent at the Basic Rider class - half a day in the classroom each day and half a day learning to ride a motorcycle. I loved it! No, I don't plan on buying a bike. Not in LA. Because that would be like signing my death certificate. But I'm ready and willing to rent a motorcycle with friends on a weekend and go somewhere with open space. Call me if you're in!
J. and I did well and passed the driving test, so we only have to take the written test at the DMV to get a motorcycle license. I am now a bad ass biker chick. Or, according to this picture, a miniscule little spacewoman with a helmet that overpowers my freakishly small body:
Friday night L. and I had a ladies' splurge night, with dinner at Katsuya Hollywood and a movie at ArcLight. We saw Crazy, Stupid Love, which I really enjoyed (save one particular story line that I think was irresponsible. A slippery slope, my friends. A slippery slope.). Steve Carell always just feels like a guy I know - a loveable everyman. He has such a great way of not coming across as an actor. I wish we were buddies.
Saturday and Sunday were spent at the Basic Rider class - half a day in the classroom each day and half a day learning to ride a motorcycle. I loved it! No, I don't plan on buying a bike. Not in LA. Because that would be like signing my death certificate. But I'm ready and willing to rent a motorcycle with friends on a weekend and go somewhere with open space. Call me if you're in!
J. and I did well and passed the driving test, so we only have to take the written test at the DMV to get a motorcycle license. I am now a bad ass biker chick. Or, according to this picture, a miniscule little spacewoman with a helmet that overpowers my freakishly small body:
Forgot to mention a quick jaunt last weekend down to San Diego to visit my Czech friends. Their two little babes, Lukas and Simona, are to die for. Luki doesn't really speak English, but no matter. Kids always find a way to communicate. And every time he said something to me in Czech, I just repeated it back to him and he thought we were having a conversation. I could have said my diaper was full for all I know, but at least we were connecting.....

No comments:
Post a Comment