Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dreams of Julia

On my way to work this morning I saw a homeless guy dressed as a pirate. At least he has a sense of humor about his circumstances. Either that or he actually thinks he's a pirate. Who am I kidding - it's got to be the latter. This is Hollywood, for crying out loud.

Last night Julia Roberts made an appearance in my dream. She was dropping off one of her sons at pre-school. We were both on bikes and we struck up a conversation on the sidewalk and ended up getting along so well that we spent two hours biking and talking. At one point someone tried to steal her bike, but I saved the day and Julia was very grateful. It was good to see her again. For some bizarre reason she used to show up a lot in my dreams many years ago. It was always the same. I'd discover that she was the sister I never knew about and I could never understand why my mom had given her up or how she even managed to have another baby between my older brothers without anyone else finding out. My mother didn't want to have anything to do with her and would get really angry in the dream if I asked her about it. Weird.

I used to have star-studded dreams all the time. Bill Cosby once served me puddin' at a Marie Callendar's. And I can't even talk about the Bruce Willis dreams, but let's just say that I really loved Moonlighting and I looked forward to going to bed each night for most of 1985-86...

1 comment:

mendacious said...

scandal!
on all fronts.