I didn't want to get up this morning. For the past two years, like clockwork, I've gotten up at 6am on weekdays and gone to the gym. If I haven't made any sort of appearance by 7am, my roommate worries that I'm sick. But lately it's taken a lot of will to pull myself out of the warmth of my bed. It dawned on me this morning: I just want one day where I seriously don't get up. I can flit in and out of sleep, read, reflect, pray, cry if I need to, dream. All beneath the comfort and safety of my 400-thread count sheets (I'm sorry I didn't discover the magic of high-thread counts until my 30's.) It would be a bonus if I didn't get hungry or need to visit the bathroom all day. I'm thinking about it, considering it. Maybe I'll take a personal day very soon. Darn me for being so responsible...here's hoping I can pop guilt in the face and check out for 24 hours.
I had a dream last night that I was at the White House hanging with Obama. I remember thinking that he was much different from what I thought. He was a huge partier and he had kind of a fat face. What the heck kind of dream is that?
I had a dream last night that I was at the White House hanging with Obama. I remember thinking that he was much different from what I thought. He was a huge partier and he had kind of a fat face. What the heck kind of dream is that?

2 comments:
Oh, I hear you. I would so love to hibernate, too! I have a feeling that won't happen until the girls are off to college... in other words, not for awhile.
Funny, I just had a conversation this morning about "being bored". I dream of a day when I feel bored so I can climb into bed and hibernate, or pick up a book off of my growing bookshelf. I highly recommend that you unschedule yourself, if only for a day, and if only so that I may live vicariously through you! I look forward to you blogging about calling in sick and lazing about all day!
personal day! you must!
Post a Comment