I sit here enthralled and so very proud after seeing opening night of The Crucible at my theater company, Actors Co-op. Now don't think I'm biased because my beloved roommate, Marianne, directed it. But, dang! If she isn't incredible at bringing the best out of an ensemble cast. The Crucible is a tough show to pull off and she did it amazingly well, without question. I'm known for falling asleep in shows and I didn't even approach anything remotely near to sleepiness even thought it's a long show. I was riveted the whole time and the tension was incredibly palpable. Honestly, this is why I got into theater in the first place. I like seeing truth, danger and excitement up on stage. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen at Co-op. The set was gorgeous and simple, the costumes were great, the original musical dissonant and spot on (kudos to Joseph Barkley) and the cast stellar across the board. I mean they poured their hearts out and brought it for three hours! It was particularly fun to see one of my favorite little sweet peas, Chloe Babbes, in her Co-op debut as young Betty Parris. I couldn't take my eyes off that kid! She was intense and sinister and heck if I didn't want to jump up onstage and start pointing and screaming "I saw Goody Osborn with the devil!" right alongside her.
The paradox of insular language
3 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment