Friday, July 31, 2009

Grey Gardens

I went back to ukulele club last night after missing about a month. It's just so freakin' delightful. We had a little girl join us, so I'm no longer the youngest person in there. She was a cutie. But I realized I couldn't perform several of my songs during the open mic because, although fairly innocuous, a few of the words I'm not going to sing in front of the kiddies (bastard, bitchin', polygamy).

My best friend called last week and told me that my 2-year-old godson keeps going up to the their computer and saying "Teecy? Teecy?" She finally figured out he meant Staci. We skype every so often and he thinks I live in the computer. We did it again last night and it does my heart good. He's so good natured. He brings stuff up to the computer screen to show me, he laughs and dances, he tells me he loves me. Sometimes Amy leaves the room for a minute and I watch him and keep him occupied. Last night he made me do the itsy bitsy spider three times while he tried to copy my hand movements. I'd rather see him in person, but this ameliorates my missing him growing up ever so slightly. We're planning on them coming to visit me in the next month out here and I can't wait to hold that curly-headed little monkey (or should I say big monkey? The kid already weighs what I did in kindergarten)...

Marianne and I watched the Grey Gardens movie tonight that Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange just did for HBO. Amazing! They both earned those emmy nominations and it's by far the best thing I've ever seen Drew Barrymore do. Incredible work. And if you've never seen the original documentary from the 70's, just do it.

No comments: