Imagine my surprise when I looked out at my patio this morning and saw this staring back at me:
I love how he's standing upright, as if he'd been walking around like that. He looks like he's been caught in the act of something. "Oh, crap. Maybe if I stand perfectly still she'll think I'm garden gnome or something." You can't fool me, Coon Man. He came right up to my sliding glass door and tapped on the window as if he was looking at an animal in the zoo. I tapped right back. He was not at all freaked out by me and looked as if he would have liked me to come out and play. I imagined how cool that might be, but then remembered how uncool getting rabies is, so I stayed inside until he had enough of playing with empty planters and kicking around my garden shoes. Sassy raccoon. I have a feeling he'll be back. Any name suggestions? Pat Coone? Zorro? Neal?
The paradox of insular language
3 years ago

12 comments:
larry? albatross? fingers? barry? mr. no ice? mr brass tacks? mickey finn? toquito?
Oh my gosh, he is ADORABLE!!! What a great sight to wake up to!
He is totally a Sid
Oh, I despise raccoons. They are adorable but oh so evil. A whole pack of them destroyed our neighbor's sweet kitty last year in Portland. They would regularly come into our Eagle Rock house and leave little poops. All that being said, yours does look like a Sid.
JLV votes for Zorro but I'm going for 'Imelda Darknose' or 'The Intrepid Mr. Choo' since it seems to like your shoes.
Lori's got a point. These guys are destructive. And if they set up house in that big tree next to you, you'll have a whole gang of vandals. They like to dig up plants and rip things apart...
Yikes! So THAT'S who dug up my succulent. I blamed it on Ghetto Kitty.
He is officially Sid Barry "Imelda Darknose" McCoonenberg.
He looks like Zorro to me!
Love ya,
dad
Everyone always blames it on Ghetto Kitty...
Poor Ghetto Kitty. You need to rescue Ghetto Kitty and get a bbgun to the evil coons. The racoon family in Eagle Rock last year, every flippin night, would dig up the fresh sod Ted laid down in the yard. They were digging for grubs. Keeping them from destroying our new grass was Ted's mission the whole time we were there. Just to be clear: I despise all raccoons.
What!? That's so crazy the way he's standing up like that. Hahaha!
Lori - I can just picture Ted at war with the raccoons. They are deceptively cute for such destructive little suckers. As for Ghetto Kitty, he's on his own with that dirty fur and crazy eye of his. As a single woman, I am opposed to having cats. For me that would be like giving up. And me no likee cat fur all over the place. Yeehaw!
Post a Comment