Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Good Times

When I was leaving the Y this morning, I had this interchange with my buddy at the desk:

"Armao. You have this thing about you. You're a hipster. You're so cool."

"Huh? Are you kidding me? I'm totally unhip, my friend. Not at all cool. What are you talking about? Why do you think I'm hip?"

"I don't know. I think it's the way you walk. You've got this swagger."


I nearly did a spit take, given my last blog.


"Um. Okay. Well, let's see it."

"Your swagger?"

"Yeah. Do it. I want to see what it looks like. Show me how I walk."


He proceeded to demonstrate a strut that was reminiscent of Jimmie "JJ" Walker from Good Times or George Jefferson, without the the arms swinging back and forth behind his butt. What can I say? I was a lass in the 70's. Who knew I already had a swagger before Ponch inspired my new sexy walk?