Once again I have semi-abandoned writing, but I gave up going on the computer before or after work during Lent, so my time is limited. I was hoping I would use the extra time to read, pray, etc. Nope. No such luck. I'm not quite sure how I've managed to fill up that time. Well, maybe with Season 4 of Big Love. That could be it. Yeah.
I have had back-to-back weddings for the past few weeks and know about a billion more people who are getting hitched in a one-month period. The wedding two weeks ago was at a gorgeous Gothic church near downtown and it was 30's themed. So neat to walk into the reception and see one of my favorite 30's bands playing live - Janet Klein and her Parlor Boys. It was a snazzy, classy affair and I knew almost everyone there. I wasn't originally invited, but my ex asked me to come along as his guest and I sat at a table full of people I adore, sandwiched between two ex-dudes. Which actually wasn't at all awkward. We're all great friends and I always like hanging with them.
The next wedding was in Maryland, so I had an excuse to spend a couple of days catching up with loved ones. My dad and I spent a day touring Harper's Ferry, West Virginia and Shepherdstown, which was fun. The next day my best friend and godson and I went to see the cherry blossoms in downtown DC. I was so excited! They only bloom for a short period of time and I don't think I've ever seen them as an adult and if I saw them as a kid, well I wasn't the type of kid to appreciate them. Fluffy, white, romantic goodness, those cherry blossoms.
B. and R.'s wedding was so very sweet and meaningful. It was an honor to be there (and be one of a handful of non-Indians on the groom's side). It was beautifully planned, the food was glorious, and there were some lovely words and tributes throughout the night. Not to mention a flash mob dance to Jai Ho from the movie Slumdog Millionaire. They sent a number of their friends a video with the dance choreography on it and near the end of the night the music started and gradually more and more of us joined in. Also ended up sitting at this reception with someone I had dated, too. He was a groomsman, his ex-girlfriend was a bridesmaid, and I performed a song at the reception. God is one funny fella with a wicked sense of humor. It was nice to see him, though, and nice to be a part of such a special day for two people I adore.


2 comments:
Might I suggest The Getty Villa? (Getty main is nice, too, but nothing beats those views from the villa.) -PV
Depends on what sorts of things you like to do, but I usually take out of towners to The Oinkster for awesome burgers (& veggie burgers) for lunch, and then head down the street to Galco's Soda Pop Shop. It's a fun activity if your guests are into local haunts and you need something to do if you all need a "chill" day in between all the sights.
Post a Comment