Packed a lot into my Australia sister's honeymoon visit. Highlights included a police ridealong (with a trip right up to and behind the Hollywood sign because he had a key to the gate) a Lakers game (my first!), the Groundlings (special guest was Kenneth from 30 Rock), a
Garfunkel and Oates concert, and an Easter potluck with friends. Their visit went by too quickly and saying goodbye is always difficult, but we're hoping to meet up in Hawaii at Christmas in 2012. Relieves some of the sting.....







After laying low for much of the week to recuperate from several months of a jammed schedule, I'm back at it. Thursday night M. had an impromptu Royal Wedding-watching slumber party. No - I'm not a royal-watcher, but it's history for pete's sake! Why be reasonable and get a good night's sleep when I could chomp on homemade haystacks at 3am and watch the wedding live with friends? It was beautiful, by the way. Westminster Abbey was stunning, they were stunning...the whole thing just an elegant, classy affair. Can I start life over and be British instead of American? The accent alone would shoot my class-factor through the roof. Seriously, though...it does make me long to live in a classier, more civilized society.



No, Princess Eugenie. That does not pass for a hat.
Today I'm off to the Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival, my friend's daughter's high school show, and tomorrow another friend's show. I can never lay low for very long.....
No comments:
Post a Comment