Monday, May 2, 2011

The Hunt

I bought a whole new wardrobe today. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. Yes, yes - you know I am the worst shopper. The combined frustration of being too small to fit most things on the rack and the fear of spending too much has kept my clothing selection pretty miniscule compared to most women. But when I got out of the shower this morning and started rummaging through my drawers, the old familiar feeling of having nothing to wear just got to me. I had had it. Today was the day.

I started pulling out my cheap, crappy t-shirts that don't look particularly great on me, old skirts and tops, stuff I was sick of, things I never wear, and tossed them all into a bag. The Tasmanian Devil has never moved so fast and sure. Then I hopped in the car and headed over to the Jewish Women's Council Thrift Store in Studio City (thanks for the tip, Naomi!) and dumped the whole lot.

Before I left, I took a deep breath and committed to patiently comb through their racks....and came away with seven really great pieces for less than the cost of a t-shirt in a regular store. I tossed my treasures into the back seat and made my way over to Crossroads Trading Company. Two hours later I walked away another bagful of gently-used, fun finds for next to nothing. I was on a roll.

My last stop was Lucy, a store with gorgeous, well-made workout and casual clothes. That's where I did some real damage. But I needed some nice t-shirts, people! And good workout pants! And a pair of shorts that fit well to replace the three crappy pairs of shorts at home that I won't put on!

Topped it off with a two and a half hour lunch with a new friend at Charley's Pantry and a spontaneous Fryman Canyon hike with KK. The wildflowers were taller than me (let's face it - what isn't?), the weather was perfect, the air clear, and the hills dressed in green.

A glorious Monday off.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeee haw! That's awesome!