Saturday, December 6, 2008

Belated Thankful Thursday

Wretched ingrate that I am, I skipped the latest installment of Thankful Thursday. So, here we go:

1. I'm thankful for safe drinking water. Water is my favorite drink hands down. What a turnaround from childhood - I can't recall drinking a glass of water unless terribly desperate. I'm convinced I spent most of the 70's fairly dehydrated. My parents played in a softball league and I would beg money off my dad to get a drink. "Have some water." "Water?" I thought. "Dear father. Don't you understand that Pepsi is the nectar that I crave?" These days I almost never order anything but water to drink, aside from the occasional glass of wine or Diet Pepsi. So, I am thankful for delicious, refreshing water.
2. I'm thankful for the three new pairs of jeans I got for $13 a pop. Now I can do laundry a little less often. Yippee!
3. I'm thankful for things that make me laugh (these currently include The Office, my brother, Summer Heights High, and the David Sedaris book I'm reading).
4. I'm thankful for my bike. I inherited it from a billionaire client who one day said, "Do you want this bike? It doesn't work." (By not working, she meant it had a flat tire). It's a great bike and I love Saturday morning rides.
5. Creamy, raw almond butter. I'm a big fan.

Peace out.

1 comment:

schu said...

ha. ha. it doesn't work!

and i'm glad SHH is fun. the last episode is like a bonus track. you'll think its at an end and the pointless menu will show up and then the last ep will begin to play... ; )