My thankfulness for this day:
1. The positive end of being sick: I am sleeping 9-10 hours a night, which is amazing for me. I get a "Get Out of the Gym Free Card" until I'm better (I usually go every week day, but when you're sick, that's just plain dumb.) I'm coming home most nights and eating something warm and comforting and wrapping myself in a blanket. Nice.
2. Eddie From Ohio. They always make me happy and as I write this I'm remembering that Robbie's solo album dropped last Friday and the song he wrote about my character in the world premiere of Gulf View Drive is on his album! Holy crap.
3. My home. It's been cruddy weather the past few days and kept thinking about people who live on the streets or people in other countries in harsh weather conditions who can't protect themselves from the elements. It's a good thing I wasn't born a little cave girl. I would have been miserable.
It doesn't feel like Christmas this year. It's coming up so quickly and I'm missing out on doing Operation Santa or the other Christmas Eve volunteering I usually get to do since I'll be out of town. Oh, well. But I am looking forward to doing something different because I always like an adventure. I'm going to Orlando and I haven't been there since I was a teenager. Amy and I were in Naples and Miami in 2004 when we had to leave out of Miami for the Eddie From Ohio cruise (how dorky does that sound?) Right now I'm in the midst of trying to nail down my Costa Rica trip. It's hard scheduling stuff in between important dates at work. I missed not going anywhere international last year and am looking forward to getting the hey hey out of the country. We hope to do a canopy tour, go zip lining, take salsa classes, and maybe see a volcano while we're there. Man, there are so many places to see. I need to check out my wish list again and figure out up and coming contenders for travel destinations.
1. The positive end of being sick: I am sleeping 9-10 hours a night, which is amazing for me. I get a "Get Out of the Gym Free Card" until I'm better (I usually go every week day, but when you're sick, that's just plain dumb.) I'm coming home most nights and eating something warm and comforting and wrapping myself in a blanket. Nice.
2. Eddie From Ohio. They always make me happy and as I write this I'm remembering that Robbie's solo album dropped last Friday and the song he wrote about my character in the world premiere of Gulf View Drive is on his album! Holy crap.
3. My home. It's been cruddy weather the past few days and kept thinking about people who live on the streets or people in other countries in harsh weather conditions who can't protect themselves from the elements. It's a good thing I wasn't born a little cave girl. I would have been miserable.
It doesn't feel like Christmas this year. It's coming up so quickly and I'm missing out on doing Operation Santa or the other Christmas Eve volunteering I usually get to do since I'll be out of town. Oh, well. But I am looking forward to doing something different because I always like an adventure. I'm going to Orlando and I haven't been there since I was a teenager. Amy and I were in Naples and Miami in 2004 when we had to leave out of Miami for the Eddie From Ohio cruise (how dorky does that sound?) Right now I'm in the midst of trying to nail down my Costa Rica trip. It's hard scheduling stuff in between important dates at work. I missed not going anywhere international last year and am looking forward to getting the hey hey out of the country. We hope to do a canopy tour, go zip lining, take salsa classes, and maybe see a volcano while we're there. Man, there are so many places to see. I need to check out my wish list again and figure out up and coming contenders for travel destinations.

No comments:
Post a Comment