I just want to take time out on Mother's Day to honor my mom. Her love for her children is clear and she sacrifices not only for us, but for others. She supports everything I do and encourages the adventurer in me. She listens to me talk when even I wouldn't want to listen to me anymore. She's funny and gets the comedy of the rare, but well-timed swear word. She's crafty and has an eye for decorating. She's a wickedly good cook. She's strong, she's a survivor, and she has a positive attitude. She's not materialistic and she values her relationships. I see my mom in the shape of my legs. In my eyes. In my hands. In my dislike of shopping. In the way I desire to please and never be a burden. Mom - you'll never be a burden to me. I love you.
The paradox of insular language
3 years ago











3 comments:
Yes, your mom is a great person. Like mother, like daughter...
Lovely. Love the part about the well-timed swear word :)
Wow! In that second picture, you can really tell she's your mama! She looks just like you! You're both so beautiful!
Post a Comment