I'm back. I bet you didn't even know I was gone. I actually did some shopping today. Yes. Me. Shopping. Highly unusual. I'd also like to add that today I went by the name Dixie. The guy at the coffee counter misheard my name when I ordered some chai tea and thus Dixie was born. When they called out my new name for me to pick up my tea, I let him know that my name was Staci and thankfully not Dixie, because wow, what a horrible name that is, right? He then informed me that his dog was named Dixie. What are the chances?
On several occasions people I've met out and about, upon hearing my accent, have given me their condolences. It took a second to realize they were talking about the loss of Michael Jackson. Nearly every store I went in had his music on an endless loop. I would have liked to have seen the memorial, but it was on at 3am here and Mama weren't staying up 'til no 3am. If you know me well, then you know that I once spent about 5-10 minutes sitting next to Michael Jackson talking with him, but had no idea it was him. If you don't know the story, ask me the next time you see me.
Have any of you heard of parking assist? My sister got it on her new car and the freakin' thing parallel parks itself! It's like a ghost is parking. You pull up in front of the spot, then the car takes over from there and starts spinning the wheel and parking the car. Unbelievable. Is this going on in America? If so, where the heck have I been? Also, do we have sushi trains? It's a little sushi bar where you sit at high tables next to this conveyer belt that carries all manner of sushi and sashimi by you so you can just reach over and choose whatever delicious treat you'd like as you have the whim. I feel like a cavewoman who's been spirited into modern times...
It's well past midnight and all of the other peoples are sleeping, so I guess I'll leave this for now and go be unconscious until morning. Peace out.

1 comment:
Dixie,
Rest assured that sushi trains exist in the good ol' USA. You can ride those rails whenever you have a hankerin'. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll Aboaaaaaaaaaaaard!!!
(And you NEVER look like a hobbit. Ever.)
PV
Post a Comment