Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lights

Marianne and I just finished a rousing game of Yahtzee. It's true. She beat the smack out of me. In spite of the loss, it's been a good Sunday. Church was good and afterwards we saw Up in the Air at ArcLight. I really enjoyed it. It left me feeling a little sad, but I enjoyed watching it overall. There's a scene between George Clooney and his sisters that really struck me. Anyone else seen it?

It's been a weekend chock full of entertainment. Friday night....well, let's just say that I went to an annual suckfest. I can't talk about it here, except I will say that it's weird being paraded in front of a group of 30 or so celebrities all gaping at you with a well-honed stare. Priscilla Presley six inches from my face. Yikes, people, yikes. Several celebrities were brought over to me in a highly-orchestrated interaction. Curious? I can give details offline, but I can tell you that I was sufficiently creeped out by my experience. Hmmm.

Saturday night my friend Elkeer, who's a fantastic party-thrower, had a holiday wine tasting shindig. I met a bunch of new people and won a prize for bringing one of the wines favorited by the majority of the crowd. One of the men was from Ireland and grew up a few doors down from the drummer from The Frames. Very cool. I also experienced Rock Star on Wii for the first time. Watching the screen made me nauseous. I am wimp, hear me roar.

We got a Christmas tree! It's a small one, but we had fun decorating it and listening to Johnny Mathis croon Christmas music. I'm glad we went ahead and did it. With all of the drama of late I can't say I was gung ho about putting any effort into the holiday season, but it sure is lovely to look at those shimmering lights. I do love Christmas lights, especially the really striking, bright ones that have come out in the last couple of years. One day I'll have a house with my very own bright lights. I know it.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotsta know--what was the wine you brought to Elkeer's party? ---PV

Unknown said...

You will have your own house /condo /duplex - I know it too! And I can guess what the suckfest was that creeped you out. I want details next time I see you!