Holy cow. Last night I went to my friend's daughter's school play that he directed. They did Les Miserables, which, if you know the show, is quite a feat. And it was GOOD! Truly, there were some really excellent voices at LA Baptist High (check it out here). I was so impressed watching junior high and high school students sweat their way through that show, singing their hearts out, moving set pieces, and transforming the stage into a French Revolutionary barricade. The kid playing Jean Valjean looked like he was 30, which was a good thing. And Chloe, spunky, sassy Chloe, played Gavroche with a veracity and fierceness like I've never seen. It's my favorite musical and I've seen it eight times, all over the world, and she's my favorite Gavroche so far. She's got all of the little boys who have ever played that part beat! Take a gander at her death scene here. She gave it her all. M. directed her in The Crucible last year and she was a haunting and wonderfully intense Betty. She fearlessly takes the stage. This kid's brimming with talent...
The paradox of insular language
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment