The red wine, noodle kugel, and various matzoh treats (matzoh ball soup, matzoh toffee, and straight-up matzoh) sits in my stomach like a lead ball. I'm convinced it's the reason I was chased by hornless, baby rhinoceroses in dreamland last night. But I jumped up and started flying to escape and that felt freakin' fantastic in my dream, so maybe it was all worth it.
One of the things I liked most about the Passover Seder was the fact that the youngest child asks the leader certain questions to explain the Seder and the history of Passover. I love the idea of verbally passing on the history of your people. That way you know where you come from, you feel more rooted, and get a sense of the sacrifice that came before you. I think the lack of oral histories and storytelling in the general modern population is a huge loss.
Speaking of loss, I lost something a year ago today. I carry it still.
One of the things I liked most about the Passover Seder was the fact that the youngest child asks the leader certain questions to explain the Seder and the history of Passover. I love the idea of verbally passing on the history of your people. That way you know where you come from, you feel more rooted, and get a sense of the sacrifice that came before you. I think the lack of oral histories and storytelling in the general modern population is a huge loss.
Speaking of loss, I lost something a year ago today. I carry it still.

1 comment:
Sending you a big hug. XO
Post a Comment