After hours of work, we finally had our PAL at the Oscars fundraiser this past Sunday and it was a pretty stellar night. In spite of the fact that we had press and tourists try to crash, one of the key committee people had a major "I-think-she-went-off-her-medication" flip out and screamed at the planner before flouncing off and vowing not to come to the party (she came back), two heavy pillars blew over in the wind and just missed crushing a guest, and someone stole one of the silent auction items, it was an incredible event that people really enjoyed. I was thrilled that a few of my friends came, as well as my mom, who made the phrase "Staci's mom has got it going on" a reality in her hip, sexy silver jacket. She was dressed by several old ladies and she looked HOT and very young. Even one of our board members was tempted by her beauty and he's gay. I'm telling you, she's a looker! If you missed the party this year, you really should come next time. I'm a "hang out with friends and watch the Oscars at home" type of woman, but this is a really great time with fantastic food, a terrific venue, and plenty of groovy people-watching.
The paradox of insular language
3 years ago

2 comments:
You're quite the looker yourself Staci!
Thanks, Danica Childs!
Post a Comment