Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dat Guy with the Truck

Remember the screaming neighbor from a few weeks ago who went into a rage because my brother left his truck in front of the parking garage entrance when he was unloading stuff to work on things in my condo? Well, I finally saw him again last night and w as able to put "Kill 'em with kindness" to the test. I went over and introduced myself and once again apologized for the truck blocking his way. I said someone was working on my kitchen and left his truck while unloading and I had no idea he left it where he did. Had I known, I would have told him to move it right away. He actually smiled! "It not you fault. It no you truck." Whew, I thought. We're on our way to neighborly bliss. "It dat f-er. Dat guy f-ed!" I refrained from telling him "dat f-er" was my brother. I asked him how long he had lived there and whether he owned or rented (renter. Knew it.) He then said they were thinking of moving to Vegas. I said "You SHOULD! What a great idea!"

Funny enough, I had prayed that they would move. Woohoo.

3 comments:

What you Don't Expect When You're Expecting said...

HA! Love it!

KillerB said...

Way to kill him with kindness-- here's hoping your kindness sends him to Vegas and gives you a nice new neighbor (so that your brother can visit you on occasion!)

Lori said...

funny stuff, that f-er. :)