One thing I like about hanging out with my mom and my brother Justin is that we can all be entertained by such simple things. After taking my mom to Walt's Wharf in Seal Beach for lunch for Mother's Day (try the blackened catfish in the cilantro lime sauce with crispy polenta. Hello!) we walked down to the pier and sat for fifteen minutes on a bench watching a guy with his metal detector. I fed my brother coins, which he threw down into the sand for the man to find. This was infinitely entertaining. He almost got hit with a penny, but Justin has good aim, so it usually landed just behind or ahead of the guy. Priceless.
Yesterday three of my EXTRAORDINARY friends spent half their day painting and caulking with me. They give so generously of themselves and I tell you, it's made a world of difference in this whole process. When I thanked R., she said "I'd do almost anything for you." I was so touched. But then I requested the list of things she won't do for me. Just curious. I suspect it would be an awesome list.
After they left I decided to push through and get as much of the kitchen cabinets painted as possible. I can be singularly focused when necessary. At about 9:30pm, I realized had been on my feet painting for about 9 hours without a break. I looked down at my right arm that I was using the paint roller with and saw that it was a deep, dark red and swollen and my hand resembled a fistful of fat German sausages. I gave it up for the night. If I don't finish those diggety dang cabinets tomorrow I will run screaming face first into a brick wall. Not really, but the image is funny.
After they left I decided to push through and get as much of the kitchen cabinets painted as possible. I can be singularly focused when necessary. At about 9:30pm, I realized had been on my feet painting for about 9 hours without a break. I looked down at my right arm that I was using the paint roller with and saw that it was a deep, dark red and swollen and my hand resembled a fistful of fat German sausages. I gave it up for the night. If I don't finish those diggety dang cabinets tomorrow I will run screaming face first into a brick wall. Not really, but the image is funny.

3 comments:
I LOVED what you did on Mama's Day!!!!!
RE: Home renovation---Hope it's all going well for you today. Are you ready to put the cabinet doors back on?????
PV
Yes, I'm ready! After hours and hours of painting, those suckers are done.The drawers are poorly constructed. One of them broke:(
Kelly helped us paint the Eagle Rock house a few times, and boy is she a fun work partner!
Post a Comment