Friday, May 7, 2010

Over

I've already grown tired of my new boyfriend, Home Depot. I visit him every day and I always have to pay. Frick and frack. The allure is gone and he's just another chore. I never liked errands to begin with, but now I'm tapped out.....not surprising for a non-shopper. I'm breaking up with you, Home Depot! No more of these early morning and late night rendesvous. You're cut off, Sucka!

Speaking of cut, I am not cut out for renovation. Luckily, there's not too much to do to get the condo move-in ready, but it has been more work than I anticipated. And I'm clutzy, so I can't tell you how many times I've banged my knees in the past few weeks. I had to call PV to rescue me from caulking hell because I realized I was swearing like a sailor every 15-20 seconds and needed to put an end to that crud. Tomorrow we paint the kitchen and after that, I don't think I want to paint anything again for a good, long while.

I forgot to post a few days ago when Lynn Redgrave died. What a nice lady she was. When I was in college she came to my acting class and watched me do a scene from a play that she won a Tony for. I can't imagine I did anything but suck. It was an intimidating prospect and I was terrified. Afterwards she pulled me aside and said she wanted to show me some vocal exercises and would I meet her backstage before she performed her one-woman show Shakespeare for my Father? Heck yes! About an hour before curtain we met and she shared her pre-show warm-up secrets and convinced me to get a wooden recorder (I still have it) to help with my breathing. I almost always warmed up after that......and drove I'm sure more than a few people nutty with that wooden recorder. But it worked! And years later, once in LA, I met her again at a dinner with a mutual friends and got to catch up and let her know I was still doing the same exercises. She was a classy woman.....and a talented actress. Her show was the beginning of my fascination with one-person shows. Speaking of which, Naomi told me about this one: Macho Like Me.

Anyone want to roadtrip to San Diego in October to see the documentary about it?

No comments: