Wow. Wowie, wow, wow, wow, wow. I will remember today forever. One of our contributors who won a helicopter ridealong with LAPD Air Support at our last fundraiser donated the ride back to us, so my board president let me take it and I brought along my brother, Josh. It was an incredible opportunity and not one that general public often gets to experience, so it was truly thrilling. For two and a half hours we flew all around Los Angeles, from downtown, to the beach, to the far reaches of the valley. We searched for a possible kidnapper in a Mercedes on Beverly Glen, flew right next to the Hollywood sign, and orbited around an apartment complex where a gunman was hiding out. Incredible! There was a report of 50-60 nude bicyclists riding around the city. Oh, how I wanted to take a gander at that, but we were too far away. At one point we flew directly over my old apartment in Studio City and when we flew back that way, I heard a call come out on the radio for police to head to 4245 Tujunga - my exact old address! Weird coincidence. We felt like little kids, so excited to be hovering above the city on the hunt for criminals. Afterwards we went to my favorite taco hole, King Taco, in East L.A.


Los Angeles National Cemetery (largest military cemetery outside of Arlington National)
I didn't know we had some of the same sensibilities. I love that. I love feeling more connected to him. He told me he wanted to spend more time together. I can't even tell you how full my heart is right now. I love my brother so much. So, like I said, I won't forget today. I am grateful beyond words.....

3 comments:
lovely on all counts! and i'm totally jealous.
what an interesting and fun to read post, Staci. So totally awesome what you got to do...
How fabulous that you got to have this experience with your brother!
Post a Comment