Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tiny Gets Some Winey

Santa Ynez Valley. I love it! I took my dad and stepmom there on Monday and it was an absolutely gorgeous day. We rented bikes and went to a few wineries for tastings (just a couple of places because me + bike + wine = disaster), where we sipped some lovely wines and downed about a basketful of thick crackers. We also stopped by a groovy lavender farm (got some homemade lavender cookie mix!) and did an olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting. Fig balsamic vinegar is where it's at, Kids! It was so beautiful out - wildflowers blooming, golden grass undulating in the light breeze, horses grazing. We finished up with a glorious dinner at The Vineyard House Restaurant. Not even a flat tire could ruin that day. It took us 45 minutes to figure that back bike tire out, but we did it without killing each other and that, my friends, was a triumph. I look forward to an extended weekend trip up there sometime soon.....

3 comments:

Lori said...

The lawn of my mansion in heaven is going to be filled with lavender.

Lis said...

I see our wine tasting in San Luis Obispo hasn't completely turned you off!

Looks so amazing. I am still in awe of how beautiful California is.

x Lis

Staci said...

Man, Lis, that tasting showed me what a lightweight I am. But they were generous pourers and I hadn't eaten...and you know the rest of the story:) The only thing that turned me off was at that other place where that one cheese that tasted like a barn!