My best friend just became a granny! Well, to be fair, a step-granny. Her stepdaughter, who is a couple of years older than us, just had a baby. Would it be offensive to start calling her granny just for kicks?
What do a lawyer, a jail warden, an executive director, a hospital administrator, a massage therapist and an acupuncturist (among others) have in common? Well today it was a love of adventure and a desire to get to know our home city together. I just went on an awesome hike with my Secret Stairs meet-up group (total strangers), where we explored downtown Los Angeles via walk #11 in Charles Fleming's book Secret Stairs. It was a gorgeous morning and the photo opportunities were excelente to say the least. The Walt Disney Concert Hall is absolutely stunning to photograph, both the grounds and the building. So much so that we ran into a photography class there. We took a ride on Angel's Flight, admired the architecture of the library, saw all manner of art installations and fountains, and finished up with lunch at the Grand Central Market.
If you know me, then you know I ask a lot of questions. I like to hear people's stories. I went from person to person for the first part of the walk getting to know a little bit about each. I then spent at least two hours talking to one delightful man in particular. I am a shmuck, though. I think he was trying to find a smooth way of asking for my number, but I'm never quite sure how to give a man the opening he needs. I mean, he followed me to my car., for crying out loud. I could have found a way to give him permission to ask. I thought, oh well, we'll find each other on the meet-up website. Wrong! He wasn't on it. Must have found out about today's adventure through the group leader, who I think he was a friend of. I've got to figure out how to handle these tricky moments with grace and ease.....
What do a lawyer, a jail warden, an executive director, a hospital administrator, a massage therapist and an acupuncturist (among others) have in common? Well today it was a love of adventure and a desire to get to know our home city together. I just went on an awesome hike with my Secret Stairs meet-up group (total strangers), where we explored downtown Los Angeles via walk #11 in Charles Fleming's book Secret Stairs. It was a gorgeous morning and the photo opportunities were excelente to say the least. The Walt Disney Concert Hall is absolutely stunning to photograph, both the grounds and the building. So much so that we ran into a photography class there. We took a ride on Angel's Flight, admired the architecture of the library, saw all manner of art installations and fountains, and finished up with lunch at the Grand Central Market.
If you know me, then you know I ask a lot of questions. I like to hear people's stories. I went from person to person for the first part of the walk getting to know a little bit about each. I then spent at least two hours talking to one delightful man in particular. I am a shmuck, though. I think he was trying to find a smooth way of asking for my number, but I'm never quite sure how to give a man the opening he needs. I mean, he followed me to my car., for crying out loud. I could have found a way to give him permission to ask. I thought, oh well, we'll find each other on the meet-up website. Wrong! He wasn't on it. Must have found out about today's adventure through the group leader, who I think he was a friend of. I've got to figure out how to handle these tricky moments with grace and ease.....

2 comments:
Ladybird, repeat after me: "It's been great to meet you. We should do it again sometime. Here's my card."
It's the year 2010. Lots of ladies burned their bras and endured a zillion hardships just so you can have the opportunity to say things like this. Make their sacrifice count, sister!
Gorgeous pics, by the way!!!
Post a Comment