Monday, November 8, 2010

Bring it, November!

The weekend started out with me wining and dining two of my India teammates, Joe and Bob. We shared a bottle of wine (Layer Cake Shiraz - heck yeah!) and blew through a maple-ginger pork loin with spaghetti squash, yam and potato gratin, and salad. Joe's friend wrote the movie Due Date, so we somehow ended up at ArcLight at 11pm for its opening night. Zach Galifianakis was pretty fantastic. Yes - there were some not-my-kinda-thing guy moments, but I have to admit I laughed. Totally preferred it over The Hangover, which I just didn't think was as funny as everyone said. Maybe because I'm a laaaady...

Saturday I was triple booked. It started with a visit to the O.C. Chocolate Festival with Elkeer, Robb and Tina. My favorite thing of the day was surprisingly, not chocolate. Champagne gelato! I don't really care about champagne, so I didn't think I'd be into it, but it was light, tasty and palatte-cleanisng after all those chocolate samples. E. and I went in on a monthly home-delivered box of organic fruit and vegetables through Farm Fresh to You. They were brilliant to set up shop at a chocolate festival. By the time we made our way through that thing, fresh vegetables were looking pretty good. On the way home we introduced Robb and Tina to Chik-Fil-A. They were Chik-Fil-A virgins and there's nothing like your first time.


Raced home and grabbed a bottle of wine for G.'s housewarming. Nice to see old friends and the incredible work G. did on his condo. So impressed.

Finished up Saturday with Merrily We Roll Along at Co-op with Treva. Maybe Sondheim's not my thing, but I didn't find it very compelling. Sondheim is rather dissonant, but on top of that, I didn't love the story. It's all about story....


Topped off the weekend wth
Babes, Books, and Booze, my awesome book club. We discussed Overcoming Life's Disappointments by Rabbi Kushner. Best group yet. I love that these women were so open about the disappointment they've faced in their lives. There's nothing like the bond that women share. Uplifting, motivating, loving, understanding. We are lucky indeed...

No comments: