Ah ha! My master plan to get myself to stop eating the same things all the time has worked! E. and I are having a box of organic vegetables and fruit delivered each month that we split and last night I picked up my half of our first delivery from her house. It was like Christmas..........for nerds. I was so excited!
Just as I hoped, there were things in the box that I've never tried or hardly ever buy. Conveniently, yesterday morning the toilet seat lid slammed down on my spine and my back hurt all day sitting at my desk at work. I took a sickie today to give it a rest and to baby a mild pain in my stomach and ended up cooking a good part of the day with my treats.
First up - pumpkin cranberry bread with a basket of fresh cranberries that was tucked in our box. I ate three slices. What can I say? It was comforting all warm-like from the oven, seducing me with its cinnamon-y scent.
Just as I hoped, there were things in the box that I've never tried or hardly ever buy. Conveniently, yesterday morning the toilet seat lid slammed down on my spine and my back hurt all day sitting at my desk at work. I took a sickie today to give it a rest and to baby a mild pain in my stomach and ended up cooking a good part of the day with my treats.
First up - pumpkin cranberry bread with a basket of fresh cranberries that was tucked in our box. I ate three slices. What can I say? It was comforting all warm-like from the oven, seducing me with its cinnamon-y scent.
I had never worked with fresh beets, so I googled some recipes and came up with a Ukrainian borscht, which also used up the carrots and cabbage they gave me. Another winner. Seriously. Who woulda thunk I'd ever make borscht? I topped it off with kohlrabi roasted in olive oil and garlic and tossed with parmesan. Done and done.
I also finally managed to watch the movie Notorious, my latest netflix selection ,which has been languishing on my coffee table for weeks. I enjoyed it, but was agitated when Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman kissed. I swear, they didn't event pucker or move their lips at all. They just pressed them against one another. It was weird. It made me want to punch them. Is that wrong?

4 comments:
You're making me want a farm fresh box! Korean dramas are all about the no action kissing. Everybody's waiting for the big kiss for 10 episodes and then when it happens it's just one face against the other with no other movement. So annoying and yes, it's totally cool to want to punch them. I will say when watching a Korean drama and they have an actual warm blooded kiss it's very shocking and yet it's only a kiss. Ah, I do love me Korean TV.
Wow! Your dishes look fantastic!!! Yummmmy!!! -P
Danica - you'll have to introduce me to the Korean drama. I have a clip from some Korean (I think) show I caught a few minutes of and it was like a musical soap opera. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Remind me to show you the clip next time you're at my place!
That Farm Fresh box is such a great idea! Good idea and those recipes sound amazing :)
Post a Comment