Wow. I just went to the Hollywood post office and experienced something I never have at this time of year. Let me just set the scene for you. There was a GINORMOUS line. And only two windows open. A recipe for disaster. But I have to tell you that people were patient. And kind! and pleasant! No one grumbled or complained. People chatted up other people in line, shared pens so others could be prepared when arriving at the window, allowed people to pop ahead of them in line to ask the postal worker a question. It was lovely.....
And it gave me an idea, since that scene is not typically the norm. Post offices can't employ as many workers any more, so I'm sure the stress level is high in December when crowds grow and lines slow. Wouldn't a neat holiday gesture be to wait in lines at various post offices and when you arrive at the window to simply give a small gift to the postal worker and say Merry Christmas? No buying of stamps or sending a package. Just a gesture of standing in a line simply to surprise someone and wish them happy holidays. A small Starbucks gift card, some chocolates, a homemade ornament.......
Who is with me?

2 comments:
Awesome idea!
totally epic.
i have always loved also LL's policy of paying for the person behind her without them knowing... but the act of waiting and standing cannot get more brilliantly ADVENT than that! a gift. brillz.
Post a Comment