I am stealing this idea, but I'd like to institute a little bit of "Thankful Thursday" action and just note a few things each week for which I am grateful (notice how I refrained from ending this sentence in a preposition? For this, I am truly thankful.)
1. I am thankful for my hands. I saw a guy walking around Hollywood with no hands today. I thought, "That must suck. Hands are very useful." Therefore, I am unduly thankful for my hands.
2. I am thankful for my ukulele club. It's just plain fun.
3. I'm thankful that I ran into Mary Gallagher at the Y today. She made my time on the treadmill go by lickety splickety.
4. I am thankful that I've enjoyed many dinners with many friends this week. I am so very fortunate to have such lovely, quality friends.
5. I am thankful for feta cheese and pine nuts. Durned if they don't perk a salad right up. What? Boring salad for lunch again?? Just add feta and a scoop of toasted pine nuts and presto! A delicious lunch is born.
That's all for now. I'm tired and mildly cranky due to said tiredness. 'Night.
1. I am thankful for my hands. I saw a guy walking around Hollywood with no hands today. I thought, "That must suck. Hands are very useful." Therefore, I am unduly thankful for my hands.
2. I am thankful for my ukulele club. It's just plain fun.
3. I'm thankful that I ran into Mary Gallagher at the Y today. She made my time on the treadmill go by lickety splickety.
4. I am thankful that I've enjoyed many dinners with many friends this week. I am so very fortunate to have such lovely, quality friends.
5. I am thankful for feta cheese and pine nuts. Durned if they don't perk a salad right up. What? Boring salad for lunch again?? Just add feta and a scoop of toasted pine nuts and presto! A delicious lunch is born.
That's all for now. I'm tired and mildly cranky due to said tiredness. 'Night.

No comments:
Post a Comment