That's the title to one of the songs I heard tonight at a house concert with Lil' Rev, a very talented man described as "A midwestern traveling musician and storyteller". He was absolutely delightful. A member of my ukulele club hosted the concert at his house, so my friend Pam and I had potluck with a bunch of strangers and were treated to two sets of very entertaining, mainly tin pan alley, music (although he did a couple of songs in Yiddish!).He had two guitars, two ukuleles, a banjo, and a table with a selection of harmonicas and even a kazoo. Pretty cool. It was really fun to watch the small kids, who were getting such a kick out of him. When we were eating, we met Atom, who touts himself as the world's fastest painter. Fascinating guy. Check out his website. I never tire of meeting interesting folk. I did start falling asleep towards the end of the show, which is embarrassing to do when there are less than 20 people in the room, but I've come to accept this about myself. At some point Lil' Rev decided to wind down because he said he saw a few people nodding off. I'm sure he was just referring to me. Pam gave me a subtle kick to help me stay afloat. I'm about to climb in bed now, and it's none too soon, I might add. Still not adjusted back to Califonia time...
The paradox of insular language
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment