Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jump Start on Tomorrow

It's Wednesday night, but I won't have time to write on Thankful Thursday, so I'm doing it now. But before I get into praises, I have a pet peeve to get off my chest.

So, I'm driving home and, as usual, I pass by the infamous Dimples Karaoke right by NBC. For the first time I notice a big sign on the building reading "Kontinuous Karaoke." For some reason changing a "C" to a "K" has always irked me. You've seen it. Signs that say "Kandy Kitchen" or "Kelly's Kookies", a bid to increase the cuteness factor (or should I say "kuteness"?) Me no likee. And for krying out loud, in the circumstance where the word is more than two syllables, there should be a law against C to K konversion. Kriminy!


Onto my thankfulness. This week I'm thankful that:

1. I haven't had to wear panty hose for over 15 years (except in a couple of plays). If you are a woman, you'll understand this. My legs enjoy sweet freedom.
2. I got some good news at work and a situation that has brought about a lot of stress is in the process of being worked on by people I didn't even think knew there was a problem. Note to self: Trust God more fully. Sometimes it takes a while for a clear answer to prayer to surface.
3. This is a new year with a world of possibility. I am open to what it has to offer.
4. I got a bonus at work and am going to upgrade my ukulele. Geek.
5. I've got my thigh-high stripey knee-socks. Not only are they cute, they are cozy and make me think of Pippi Longstocking.

If any of you reading this are of the mind, post a comment and let me know some of the things you're thankful for this week. It makes me feel good inside:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just 'cause you asked here's my list of what I'm thankful for:
having a wonderful older sister who regularly updates her blog which makes me feel as though I am a part of her life despite the geographic distance and my complete failure to regularly email!
having a fiance who supports me in all my crazy ideas when most others would not, including, going to viet nam and cambodia without him because he knows how much I really want to see Angkor Wat.
All of my families. They drive me insane but I'd be lost without them.
Sydney summers. Its so lovely to leave work at 6pm and still have couple more hours of sun and warm weather. No sweaters for me!
Red shoes. They make me smile regardless of how else I feel.
Wearing jeans to work. Amazing sense of liberation and expression of personality in a city of black suits.

Better finish it there for the moment....... I do like this though. Its amazing when you think about it just how much we have to be thankful for.

x Lis

Staci said...

Hey, Lis -
Like your list! And yes, you DO have a fantastic fiance:)
Staci