Last night Joanna and I went to see my friend Léah Kline perform at the Hollywood Bar and Grill. She's a wonderful jazz singer who has been living in Amsterdam for eight years and is in town for a little visit. I remember her telling me years ago when she was working on a cruise ship that her goal was to learn 100 jazz standards, as well as how to scat. Well, she more than just learned them. She's now an incredibly magnetic and assured international jazz singer with a great band and her second album (for which she penned her own songs, I might add). I really loved the song "Orange Blossoms" and some of her originals like "Hey You" and "Call of the Muse". On her first album she does a rendition of "In the Dark" that is probably one of the most played songs on my iPod. I wish I could bottle up and give Tomorrow is my birthday and I am looking forward to sleeping in, enjoying a 90-minute massage, having lunch with a friend, dinner with my roommate, and drinks with whom I am told are a couple of "mystery friends". I guessed it might be Charo and Phyllis Diller and boy, am I hoping I'm right...

3 comments:
Happy birthday, Stacie! And please fill me in on who those mystery guests are. Dying to know. I'm thinking Richard Simmons.
Oh, gosh, you're right! Richard Simmons would be the best!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes:)
happy birthday!
have a fabulous year you.
Post a Comment