It's true. My old hair dryer kind of exploded in my hands this morning. I'll do anything to make a day more interesting. I instantly dropped it and it sparked a few more times on the floor as I waited to see whether or not the carpet would flame up. It didn't, so I threw out the offending appliance and gave thanks for my still intact face and head. Saved from ruination once again. My hair looks pretty dumb today, though, as you might imagine. Stopping mid-dry spells catastrophe for my head. I finally pulled it into two low ponytails, but I look like a graying 14-year-old. No likee. Very few adult women can pull off the double-ponytail look, my roommate being one of them.
I am thrilled with my choice for Lent of giving up going on the internet on work days when I am at home. It has given me all sorts of time to focus on better things. I even worked on the screenplay last night, which I won't usually get to if it's not a weekend or a day specifically set aside for writing. I think of how much time is wasted online. It's all at once a fantastic tool and a horrible time sucker that takes away from actual experiences. I'm still not quite adjusted to having so much time at night, so I'm not sure how to invest it yet. The last thing I want to do is divert to Ye Olde Television Set. Ever notice how a phrase is instantly funny if you add "Ye Olde" in front of it?
I really shouldn't be blogging right now, with three important meetings on the horizon. Peace out.
I am thrilled with my choice for Lent of giving up going on the internet on work days when I am at home. It has given me all sorts of time to focus on better things. I even worked on the screenplay last night, which I won't usually get to if it's not a weekend or a day specifically set aside for writing. I think of how much time is wasted online. It's all at once a fantastic tool and a horrible time sucker that takes away from actual experiences. I'm still not quite adjusted to having so much time at night, so I'm not sure how to invest it yet. The last thing I want to do is divert to Ye Olde Television Set. Ever notice how a phrase is instantly funny if you add "Ye Olde" in front of it?
I really shouldn't be blogging right now, with three important meetings on the horizon. Peace out.

No comments:
Post a Comment