I have been a remiss blogger because sometimes, frankly, I just don't have much to say. What I can say today is that I have felt increasingly overwhelmed at the scope of need in the world. So much suffering to be had. And yet it's times like these that I feel an urge to love more, to laugh more, to let go more. Work is hectic, which is tough on someone who likes to feel like everything is always under control. Which it never really is, if you think about it. I think I've got everything taken care of, but the reality is anything in life can explode at any time and destroy my false sense of security. Sometimes I calm myself by watching the Discovery Channel show about the Duggars, the family with 18 kids. They are so kind and surprisingly able to maintain a sense of peace regardless of circumstance. You might laugh, but apparently my friend Quinn finds his calm in watching YouTube videos of kittens and puppies, so it could be worse, people.
What I'm grateful for this week:
1. Barone's Pizza. It reminds me of pizza we used to get at The Railroad Inn in Old Bowie back in Maryland when I was little. I've been twice this year already and am going back again this weekend with pizza converts.
2. My job, even though we're understaffed right now.
3. I am a stone's throw away from finishing the screenplay.
4. Naomi, Rita and I got our Yellowstone/Grand Tetons trip roughly planned.
5. I sometimes learn from my mistakes.
6. I read a fun and moving spiritual memoir called Angry Conversations with God, written by my Act One mentor.
7. My glasses. I like seeing stuff.
8. My sweet friend, Kirsten
What I'm grateful for this week:
1. Barone's Pizza. It reminds me of pizza we used to get at The Railroad Inn in Old Bowie back in Maryland when I was little. I've been twice this year already and am going back again this weekend with pizza converts.
2. My job, even though we're understaffed right now.
3. I am a stone's throw away from finishing the screenplay.
4. Naomi, Rita and I got our Yellowstone/Grand Tetons trip roughly planned.
5. I sometimes learn from my mistakes.
6. I read a fun and moving spiritual memoir called Angry Conversations with God, written by my Act One mentor.
7. My glasses. I like seeing stuff.
8. My sweet friend, Kirsten

No comments:
Post a Comment