Thursday, March 26, 2009

Stimulus

Does the term "Stimulus Package" crack anyone else up? Come on! I feel like a fourth grader snickering in the back of class every time I hear it on the news. There's gotta be a less suggestive name like "Economic Boost" or "Financial Stimulus." But stimulus package? They're just begging for the funny.

As I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning, there were three very good-looking firemen standing by their truck, all waving at me. Some days start with a gift, don't they? I looked around for a hidden camera, because, really, isn't the hot fireman thing just a cliche? I guess I'll find out if I see them again next week.

It's been a rough day. I didn't sleep well and ended up leaving work early to come home and lie on the couch. Thankfully, it was uke club night. Honestly, you can't play the ukulele and feel crappy. Impossible. I wrote a song this week called Polygamy and played it during the open mic part of the night. Unsavory subject, yes, but ripe for comedy.

A big development: I'm doing research on possibly buying something like a condo. This freaks me out, but my best friend being a real estate agent seriously cuts the freak out factor. Doesn't hurt to ask the questions. I just don't want to kick myself in five years and ask myself why I didn't even look into it...

It's thankful Thursday and I'm not feeling it. I'm thankful for many, many things, but I'm just being petulant today.

2 comments:

mendacious said...

the market is right for a buy is it not?

and stimulus package is awesome and so are hot fireman.

this good day is getting better and better in my mind. . . mmm, there it goes.

Lis said...

oh totally agree on stimulus package - makes me giggle each time that i hear them say it. The more serious they are the funny it sounds!

I thought it was just my childish brain!