I was at a birthday party tonight and my friend's little dog nipped at someone, so my friend said "That's it!" and she carried the dog out of the room for a timeout. Now, I hope you don't think I'm cruel, but I thought "Wouldn't it be funny if after she carried the dog out of the room to discipline it she had a sound effect of a gunshot go off?"
Can you tell I'm not a pet person? Jokes like that aren't funny to pet people, particularly the ones who dress their animals in clothes...
Can you tell I'm not a pet person? Jokes like that aren't funny to pet people, particularly the ones who dress their animals in clothes...

7 comments:
From a huge pet person, "that was hysterical"
Whew!
It was funny because it was from you and I know what a wonderful person you are. I don't think I would think it funny from someone else. I would be upset probably.
Love,
The Decider
i think if would also be funny if after she said that's it, she took the guest who almost got bit in the other room and gave them a time out.
I'm laughing by butt off and I'm the kind of bleeding-heart pet owner who actually bought her cat a reiki and acupressure session for it's 20th birthday.
(The joke gets even funnier though, if after the gunshot, the dog walks back out, toting a rifle.)
-PV
Oooh, PV - you're right! That elevates the joke mucho. You could hang a little toy gun around his neck...
I am a pet person, and this made me laugh.
Post a Comment