Today was Day One of getting to work on the condo. My mom and oldest brother drove up from the OC and we did a walk-through. At the end of it, my list of things for David to fix had grown. I'm so not observant. There were tiny things I never even noticed, like the funny little plastic bubbles on the walls that acted as doorstops. David ripped them right off the wall for me and replaced them with hinge stops. We made a long list and headed a few blocks away to see my new best friend: Home Depot. Who knew tile and caulk could be so dang exciting? And I am so thrilled with my little patio. We spent some time cutting back the night-blooming jasmine (and by "we" I mean my mom), putting up a bamboo privacy fence, and watering all of the lovely plants, trees and herbs my mother's been gathering for me. Dear God....please let me not kill them. You know I suck at keeping things alive. Plants squeal in horror when they see me coming. I'm like the grim reaper to all things green. I went back after they left for a second trip to Home Depot to buy some paint and luxuriate in the aisles a little more. Painting begins on Monday and I still can't figure out which color to paint the master bedroom. It's down to Pismo Dunes (a kind of taupe) and Buxton Blue. So glad I have so much time before I move in to order furniture and make all of these little changes. I cheered when the ceiling fan in the living room came down. I am vehemently opposed to the look of ceiling fans (although my mom did convince me to keep them in the bedrooms for now).
MG and her sweet Mia stopped by with an amazingly well-thought out and special welcoming gift. I was so moved and feel so well cared for! It's wonderful to have friends who gather around me in times of joy as well as the difficult times.

No comments:
Post a Comment