The numbers are in. Nine out of ten buyers on Craigslist are flakes. Okay, so those are just my numbers, but really. People contact you and say they are coming to buy the item and then you never hear from them again. They just don't show up. Finally a nice young woman is coming this morning to pick up my love seat and I have high hopes she will actually follow through.
I'm a little skeeved out about selling on Craigslist, though. Did you hear about the Craig's List burglary ring that was just broken up in the Valley? Twin sisters and some other guy targeted luxury homes in and around the Valley that were tented for pest eradication and those having estate sales. They used Craigslist to find locations and the break-ins netted several million dollars worth of electronics, jewelry and luxury items.
I don't have a lot of those sorts of things, so I reckon I'm pretty safe. But opening the door to a total stranger as a woman? Hmmm....maybe I'm a little bit of a dummy...
I'm a little skeeved out about selling on Craigslist, though. Did you hear about the Craig's List burglary ring that was just broken up in the Valley? Twin sisters and some other guy targeted luxury homes in and around the Valley that were tented for pest eradication and those having estate sales. They used Craigslist to find locations and the break-ins netted several million dollars worth of electronics, jewelry and luxury items.
I don't have a lot of those sorts of things, so I reckon I'm pretty safe. But opening the door to a total stranger as a woman? Hmmm....maybe I'm a little bit of a dummy...

1 comment:
Be careful! I love craigslist and have used it a ton, with some lovely interractions, but you do read creepy stories... Stay safe!
Post a Comment