Thursday, May 20, 2010

Techie

Holy criminy. I hired a computer tech to fix my work computer after I got the dreaded Trojan Horse Virus and he was something out of SNL. You know the IT character that Jimmy Fallon played where he would sarcastically and wryly address the poor office worker who reported a computer problem? It's funny because those people EXIST. Now my guy wasn't sarcastic or unkind to ME, but he made a lot of funny comments about people who don't know as much as he does about computers. I started writing down some of things he said. My favorite: "Yeah. The guy who brags about getting that system for cheap is like someone bragging about getting cheap condoms and hookers!" He later turned to me and said "Hey, Staci. You do know that I can figure out all of your passwords in a second, right? I'll get your bank password and then I can order the size 12 1/2 strappy sandals I've been wanting." He seemed to be joking.....but kind of not. "I can also have your facebook password in the snap of finger and then can wreak havoc all over your profile page. What fun."

My day is so much more interesting with these kinds of interactions peppered throughout.....

3 comments:

KillerB said...

Yikes! That guy makes me uncomfortable and I don't even know him.

Anonymous said...

Um, that was Techno-dweeb talk for. "Hey, Baby, I'm really powerful. Wanna hook up?" -PV

Anonymous said...

After checking with an expert (A nerrrrrrd), I have further knowledge to impart. The 'proper response' to this Techno-dweeb mating call would have been to reply "Really? Who else's passwords could you get?" and then to seal the deal offer to let him peek at your coveted collection of limited edition anime. ---PV

(NOTE TO WORLD: The author does NOT actually collect anime!!!)