Monday, August 30, 2010

Condo Warming

I was overwhelmed by the love and warmth of feeling offered by the scads of people who came to my housewarming yesterday. I'm seriously blessed. My extraordinary mother arrived early with tons of fabulous food from a catering gig the day before and set out a spread that could feed a village for days. She replenished drinks and plates and allowed me to just spend time with people instead of running around. Connections were made, numbers exchanged, new friendships blossomed. And 6-month-old Nelson practically made out with 20-month-old Thorne. He's a ladies man:

I was thrilled that a handful of my neighbors came over and I got to know them a little better. Community-building without leaving the house! Very sweet people. And we were able to discuss what will hereforeto be knows as "The Lord of the Flies Incident" on the next street over. Tell you about it another time when I'm less tired. If anyone needs party food, please come get it. I don't know what I'm going to do with all these vittles and frosty beverages!

Hadn't seen Trevor for a good 17 years!

Patio transformation

Rajeev aka "Bub" - one of my favorite people

Enjoying a Mike's Hard Limeade with the Chanster

4 comments:

KillerB said...

Your new place is so great, Staci! I had a wonderful time at your housewarming-- you have wonderful friends and a very lovely mother :)

Staci said...

Thanks for coming, Beth! It was lovely to have you:)

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaay! What a great party! What a great house! (What a great friend you are, too.) -PV

Unknown said...

I and Thorne had a wonderful time! You do have a lovely home, sweet friends and a delightful mother - thanks for sharing!