Well Hello There, Cowboy
Kettle corn. That's what I had for dinner last night at the Norco Rodeo. Not just any kettle corn. The crack of all kettle corns. As for the rodeo....I LOVED it! First of all, people were friendly and started chatting us up in the stands. An Australian cowboy with a Dukes of Hazzard shirt sat down next to us with his new wife, whom he had met at the rodeo dance a year ago. They came back to celebrate where it all began. We had the good sense to share our kettle corn with them because the eating had to stop, I tell you. My left hand looked as if I had been fiddling around in a Kentucky Fried bucket for an hour, it was so wet with butter and salt. My favorite rodeo activity? Mutton busting, hands down. Click here for a taste. Yep. They stick a 5-7-year-old kid on the top of sheep and let 'er rip. Also enjoyed the calf roping and the bucking bronco riders. My only regret is that I'm no longer a rodeo virgin. I'll never have the delight and wonderment of my first rodeo ever again.
Afterwards we stuck around for the barn dance and the people-watching was primo. I think I loves me some cowboys. They come right over and ask you to dance and just take charge. One taught me some two-stepping and we glided along the dance floor as if we'd been doing it forever. The next cowboy who asked me to dance was a little tipsy, but I agreed anyway for comedy's sake. He was kinda sweet, though. I said to Kelly "I've seen more guys I'm attracted to here than I have in the last two years in LA. "That's because they're MEN here, dear." Who knew? Just a 75-minute drive out of the city......

2 comments:
that is frickin' suh-weet!
Your first rodeo? Fantabulous!!!
Post a Comment