I woke up this morning to soft light streaming through my windows and the lovely sounds of a hoot owl.......or so I thought. When the noise shifted from hoot owl to dying cow, I pressed my ear to the wall behind my bed and confirmed my fear. My new neighbor was getting it on. Well, crap. There would be no sleeping in. Especially when her headboard started to smack the wall. What is this - a cheap hotel? Man, do they ever need to consider these things when building a dwelling, for crying out loud. For an older lady who just had neck surgery, I have to give her credit, though.
Aside from that, it has been quite the week. My work colleague with the lack of initiative was finally told he's being moved back to patrol. I mean come on - when you disappear for most of the day and you let the bulk of responsibilities fall on everyone else, someone's going to notice. It does not take two hours to cross the parking lot to get the mail. Or three to go to lunch. Or five to do heck knows what. And you can't be cranky with the children. I thought he might kill me for holding him up to a standard, but he has been nice, albeit somewhat subdued, since the news came down. He even bought me lunch the other day (mid-bite I actually thought "Maybe it's poisoned", but he doesn't tend to think ahead, so I felt pretty safe). Anyway, it will be good for morale to have everyone on the team on the same page and hopefully in a few months we'll get a fresh officer with a heart for children. It's been a long couple of years. Indeed.
I won't go deep into the other shenanigans this week, but they do include a missing relative (eventually found in jail) and a crazy cousin (one sip short of psychopath) who did a real-life turn as Kathy Bates in Misery. I hope there is justice to be had. Prayers welcomed for my godfather, my brother and stepdad.
These are nutty times. Tonight I am going to an apocalyptic game night with friends to celebrate the end of the world. What time did that strange group with the billboards say things would come to an end today? Hopefully not before I can enjoy one last pulled pork sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie.....
Aside from that, it has been quite the week. My work colleague with the lack of initiative was finally told he's being moved back to patrol. I mean come on - when you disappear for most of the day and you let the bulk of responsibilities fall on everyone else, someone's going to notice. It does not take two hours to cross the parking lot to get the mail. Or three to go to lunch. Or five to do heck knows what. And you can't be cranky with the children. I thought he might kill me for holding him up to a standard, but he has been nice, albeit somewhat subdued, since the news came down. He even bought me lunch the other day (mid-bite I actually thought "Maybe it's poisoned", but he doesn't tend to think ahead, so I felt pretty safe). Anyway, it will be good for morale to have everyone on the team on the same page and hopefully in a few months we'll get a fresh officer with a heart for children. It's been a long couple of years. Indeed.
I won't go deep into the other shenanigans this week, but they do include a missing relative (eventually found in jail) and a crazy cousin (one sip short of psychopath) who did a real-life turn as Kathy Bates in Misery. I hope there is justice to be had. Prayers welcomed for my godfather, my brother and stepdad.
These are nutty times. Tonight I am going to an apocalyptic game night with friends to celebrate the end of the world. What time did that strange group with the billboards say things would come to an end today? Hopefully not before I can enjoy one last pulled pork sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie.....

No comments:
Post a Comment