Sunday, January 25, 2009

Introducing...

...Lola my new KoAloha uke! Yes, I gave it a name and yes, it's the same name as my first Toyota Corolla (cut me a break - how many names rhyme with Corolla and KoAloha?) I am looking forward to many years of making sweet, sweet music together. I now own multiple ukuleles, which officially ushers me into the Kingdom of Dorkiness. Speaking of dorkiness, did you know that one of my cousin's middle names is Dorcas? I know it's a Biblical name, but wowza! Parents, parents.......remember how cruel school kiddies can be when it comes time to name your little people.

I spent the weekend in San Diego with my Czech friends Edita and Milos and their new baby, Lukas. They are beautiful people (inside and outside!):
It was fantastic meeting Lukas for the very first time. He's so good-natured, just like his parents. I celebrated our meeting by bouncing him up and down. He celebrated by throwing up on me. Anyway, I have to tell you that Milos always makes the most aesthetically pleasing breakfasts. I usually take a picture:
On Saturday night we watched the 1973 Czech film "Three Hazelnuts for Cinderella". This is the beloved Czech version of the Cinderella story, with, I might add, very awkwardly and sometimes unfortunately phrased English subtitles. I can't wait to share my favorite one with you, but you'll have to ask me in person. I can't write it here, but it involves a scene with a cat and a dish of milk....
On the road to San Diego

2 comments:

Ukulele Baby said...

You did it! You got your Lola!!! Wheeeee! I love it!

Your friends' baby is beautiful! I remember seeing an ultrasound of him. Wow. Time flies!

Lori said...

Czech (and Slovak) people are some of the most beautiful people anywhere. And you're so right about the breakfasts! Those little pickles are adorable.