I just celebrated the "fat" in Fat Tuesday by eating a large hunk of chocolate. No, I am not giving up chocolate for lent. I don't eat enough of it for that to really be a sacrifice. I did decide, however, to give up going on my computer at home on week days. I sit in front of the diggity dang thing all day at work and have plenty of time to answer emails or lookup anything I need to, so there's no reason why I need to waste time at home. I'm hoping to make this a habit that will continue on well past Lent. Are any of you giving up anything?
Sometimes I'm really tickled by working in Hollywood. Today as I strolled down Sunset to make a deposit at the bank, I ran headlong into a tiny Mardi Gras parade starring an interesting cast of characters that was circling Amoeba Music. And hey - I got Mardi Gras beads without having to take off my shirt. Sweet. Not two minutes later I saw a woman waiting for the bus who looked like a lion. Not that she was wearing a costume, mind you. She just had on an animal print dress and her hair was teased about her face like a giant lion's mane. It truly was something to behold. Some might scoff at the bizarre people wandering the streets of Hollywood, but for me, stuff like this makes an ordinary day a little more invigorating.
Sometimes I'm really tickled by working in Hollywood. Today as I strolled down Sunset to make a deposit at the bank, I ran headlong into a tiny Mardi Gras parade starring an interesting cast of characters that was circling Amoeba Music. And hey - I got Mardi Gras beads without having to take off my shirt. Sweet. Not two minutes later I saw a woman waiting for the bus who looked like a lion. Not that she was wearing a costume, mind you. She just had on an animal print dress and her hair was teased about her face like a giant lion's mane. It truly was something to behold. Some might scoff at the bizarre people wandering the streets of Hollywood, but for me, stuff like this makes an ordinary day a little more invigorating.

1 comment:
Great idea to give up computer overload for Lent- but does this mean you won't be blogging as much? Must we all suffer for your sacrifices?! :)
Post a Comment