KK and decided to brave crossing over to the west side yesterday for a movie screening at the Dolce Vita Italian Film Festival at the cute little Aero Theatre on Montana in Santa Monica. We were totally floored when no one asked as to buy a ticket. They just let the whole line of people in for free. Unexpected and oh-so-lovely!
We saw a quirky Italian film called Escort of Love about a snarky rich woman whose husband dies, leaving her with a 150k debt she has to pay back in a short period of time to avoid ending up in jail. So she becomes a high-priced escort. Admittedly, it was very predictable and some of the messages were definitely completely wonky, but I have to say it was really funny and we enjoyed the ride. It was packed with a slew of great wacky characters and the male lead made me want to grab the next flight to Rome.
Afterwards KK had an invite to a summer party in Venice, so we stopped by. The bulk of people were a good 10-15 years younger. After last night, I think I am completely spoiled by the amazing friends in my life. I am so used to people really being interested in one another and communicating well and being conversationally equitable. I met all these new people and asked them questions about themselves, but no one asked us any questions or tried to get to know us in a real way. All of the interactions were very on-the-surface and very Hollywood. And everyone was extremely attractive. And the actors talked about themselves too much. Borrrrring.
After several hours of being agitated by the lack of social and conversational skills (yes - I know most of them were younger, but still), I was done. The two old ladies hit the road after a massive influx of young people, all hauling six-packs, arrived. Oh, man. I hope I'm not growing into a Cranky McCrankster.
However, I did spend a quality half-hour cuddling with a sweet chihuahua named Ruby. Take that, all of you who think I hate animals:)
We saw a quirky Italian film called Escort of Love about a snarky rich woman whose husband dies, leaving her with a 150k debt she has to pay back in a short period of time to avoid ending up in jail. So she becomes a high-priced escort. Admittedly, it was very predictable and some of the messages were definitely completely wonky, but I have to say it was really funny and we enjoyed the ride. It was packed with a slew of great wacky characters and the male lead made me want to grab the next flight to Rome.
Afterwards KK had an invite to a summer party in Venice, so we stopped by. The bulk of people were a good 10-15 years younger. After last night, I think I am completely spoiled by the amazing friends in my life. I am so used to people really being interested in one another and communicating well and being conversationally equitable. I met all these new people and asked them questions about themselves, but no one asked us any questions or tried to get to know us in a real way. All of the interactions were very on-the-surface and very Hollywood. And everyone was extremely attractive. And the actors talked about themselves too much. Borrrrring.
After several hours of being agitated by the lack of social and conversational skills (yes - I know most of them were younger, but still), I was done. The two old ladies hit the road after a massive influx of young people, all hauling six-packs, arrived. Oh, man. I hope I'm not growing into a Cranky McCrankster.
However, I did spend a quality half-hour cuddling with a sweet chihuahua named Ruby. Take that, all of you who think I hate animals:)

No comments:
Post a Comment