So. I went to one of my chiropractors' offices today for a therapeutic massage (yes - I said chiropractors, plural. When your back and neck are as jacked up as mine, you need as much help as you can get). The masseuse was a tall, lanky Thai lady. Older, friendly, strong. As she begins the massage she starts to talk. Normally I can't stand this. I want to relax and be transported to a wonderland where it feels like I've taken a horse tranquilizer (or at least several muscle relaxers). But this lady was interesting. And she made me laugh. A lot. Right away she declared "Ooooh. You have gooood body! Slim. Lots of muscle. You need show it off." "I just bought a bikini." "Good!!! People need see this. You have young face. Good body. No hide!"
She told me about women in Thailand and how when they hit 50, they can't wear jeans anymore, or make-up. It's a cultural thing. They are considered old. She likes how in America you don't have to stop dressing up or being desirable and womanly at 50. She also said that in Thailand it is rare for a widow or divorcee with children to ever marry again. They are no longer desirable. So with two kids, she married an American and got a new lease on life.
Towards the end of the massage she said "Now I do ear reading." Huh? She grabbed my ears and started rubbing. "Ooooh!!! You very strong! You like a boy! You get tings done. When dere's a challenge, you no give up. You do it! You never say no! But you need relax sonetine. It good to do nothing."
All true. Who knew my ears could convey all that information?
"If you little girl in Thailand and the old people feel your ears they say "Oooh nooo! Your little girl too strong. Too strong like boy!" She continued. "Usually I try hard to no talk, but I can't help. You nice girl. You got nice body. You show it off. Okay?" Cracked me up.
She gave me two hugs and sent me on my way. Awesome massage, by the way.
She told me about women in Thailand and how when they hit 50, they can't wear jeans anymore, or make-up. It's a cultural thing. They are considered old. She likes how in America you don't have to stop dressing up or being desirable and womanly at 50. She also said that in Thailand it is rare for a widow or divorcee with children to ever marry again. They are no longer desirable. So with two kids, she married an American and got a new lease on life.
Towards the end of the massage she said "Now I do ear reading." Huh? She grabbed my ears and started rubbing. "Ooooh!!! You very strong! You like a boy! You get tings done. When dere's a challenge, you no give up. You do it! You never say no! But you need relax sonetine. It good to do nothing."
All true. Who knew my ears could convey all that information?
"If you little girl in Thailand and the old people feel your ears they say "Oooh nooo! Your little girl too strong. Too strong like boy!" She continued. "Usually I try hard to no talk, but I can't help. You nice girl. You got nice body. You show it off. Okay?" Cracked me up.
She gave me two hugs and sent me on my way. Awesome massage, by the way.

1 comment:
I want to go see this lady too.
Post a Comment